Friday, February 8, 2008

Heartbreak has hit our family

Thursday night was a night we will not soon forget but will hate to remember! Dusty died last night! Dusty was the 2 nd horse we acquired, but the first horse that everyone rode! He has been THE FAMILY HORSE!!! Anyone could ride Dusty and the entire family has ridden him with the exception of Sydnee Renee'! I hate that we did not get a picture with her near Dusty! He was the kindest gentlest horse ever! I had finally been able to claim him as my horse because Marlee got another barrel racing horse and we were able to retire him. He had my trust completely! I am not sure if we will find another horse that we will all be able to trust like we have Dusty! He was so awesome! We are very glad that he did not die alone though. Marlee, Larry and I were all with him last night when he went to Heaven! Yes, I believe that is where he is because what would Heaven be like without animals especially horses! He is running in the greenest pastures ever, frolicking and playing like never before! No more pain, no more choking! We will forever remember Dusty and grieve our loss, but we will also know that he loved us and gave us his all and we gave him all we had and even to the very end he knew how much we loved him! Dusty was not just a pet, not JUST a horse, he was FAMILY! He was truly a friend to so many! He will never be forgotten and we will never stop loving him!
Me and Dusty riding with Marlee and Checotah
RIP Dusty - I love you, baby, forever!! Thank you for giving so much to us!!!

No comments: