Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday

Well, the weekend is here and I hope that you all have a wonderful time! I am missing Marlee - yes, I am missing my TEENAGED DAUGHTER with all of her drama!!! :) But I am glad that she is gone! I am glad because she is at Acquire the Fire with the church youth group! I am excited for her. She called me this morning to let me know she was having a good time, but she was not feeling very well last night. I have had a virus all week and Sydnee now has it and Marlee is feeling some of the same symptoms. Unfortunately it spreads like wildfire in a close family who hugs all the time! :) But anyway, Marlee is having a good time in spite of feeling badly. Larry and I took Kalee out to lunch today and we went to Sweet Tomatoes. Larry LOVES that place. It is ok to me and Kalee enjoyed the mac and cheese and soup. She was not too big on salads today. It is often hard to believe that I can leave Drae to babysit and things are always fine. It is hard to believe that the little boy that came to us so "damaged" as some say is now so trustworthy! God is good and He gets all the credit for that! Drae has become an amazing pre-teen! We are very proud of him!
We have been blessed by a neighbor. He asked us if we would like to move our horses to his pasture. He said we would have to repair the fence and all, but that they could move over there and graze to cut out hay bill down! We were extremely excited and took him up on his offer. Larry and Bryce took about 3 days this week and repaired the fence and the horses were walked across the street yesterday and must have thought they were in Heaven with green grass about ankle high!!! Then we brought them back home last night. That is our plan to let them graze there during the day and bring them home at night for their nightly feeding and to sleep! We feel blessed that he has done this for us!
Update on Keara and Brianna: they are adjusting well to their new mommy and daddy! They have done great in school this past week. Their mommy - Patrice - emails me daily and calls fairly often as well. We feel blessed in that area, too. I mean they could just shut us out, but they have chosen to maintain relationship with us and that is just awesome!!! So keep them in your prayers - it is working - all is going well!
Kourtnee started her job full time this week. She missed Sydnee - of course - but she knows she is in good hands :). Meme and Pappy adore her! She likes her job. She is teaching 3 year olds. She is still waiting on a job with the school system so keep that in your prayers. Sydnee is growing like a weed as they say!!! She was 10lbs and 10 ounces today!!!! She is getting so big so fast!!! She is smiling more and more everyday and cooing so much now!!!! Love this age!
TJ and Drae won first place in First in Fitness! TJ won the 100 yard dash and Drae won the Shuttle run. So in April they will compete in the county wide competition! we are very proud of both of them!!!
Kalee is getting taller by the day and I swear she is going to be like Drae and be taller than me by her teens!!! Geesh!! Although, I am short so that doesn't say too much :)! She is doing very well in school and getting better all the time with Claire (her pony). All 3 kids are planning to audition for the talent show after Spring Break - I will be sure to let you all know how that goes.
Kristofer hasn't changed much. He is actually getting much better about his fit throwing and we are hoping he is outgrowing that stage! (Thank GOD!!) :) He is so cute with Sydnee. He loves her to pieces!! He rides in the barrel races now. He rides Superman his pony - Kristofer Reeves on Superman - kinda catchy huh :)!!
Well, Larry and I are good - enjoying are family and especially our grandbaby and grandson, too last weekend! I think I fall more in love with him everytime I see him with Sydnee!!! That is one of the reasons I fell in love with him - his love for children and how he is with them! I love my man! I love my family!!!!
Have a blessed weekend!!!!

1 comment:

Life's an adventure said...

I had a fun time seeing Marlee this weekend. Wow, I can't believe how much she has grown up!

Also, just wanted to let you know that you have been tagged: Come to my website to see what you need to do.

http://ouradventurouslife.blogspot.com/2008/03/tagged-im-it.html