Sunday, December 9, 2007

Weekend blog

Hello everyone. I hope you are all having a great weekend. I know we have had a great one! Busy as always, but nice. I got my new truck Friday night and Larry and I went out to dinner and a little shopping. I got a new camera as well!!! Loving it!!! We had a nice evening. Marlee had her old best friend - new again - over for the weekend. So when we called to check in they wanted Pizza so we brought them home Pizza and watched part of a movie and then all got too sleepy to finish it :)! Saturday we got up and went to get horse feed and run some other errands. Marlee and Lily made chocolate chip pancakes for the kids since that is Larry's job usually, but we had to get the feed early. Then Marlee rode for a little while - Mystic and Checotah. Craig and Kourtnee came over to see my truck and give the Explorer to Larry for the weekend. By the way that is another present for Larry - since I got my new truck he gets my Explorer now! That is IF he can get it from Kourtnee! lol! Anyway, Marlee, Kalee, Lily and I went to the mall and had lunch and walked around a little - Kourtnee and Craig met us there and walked around with us a little while. Marlee got the top of her ear pierced at Claire's like she has been wanting done with the agreement that she will never ask for another piercing and no hoops in that hole only studs. :) Some things you give in on to let them express themselves and it is another part of Choosing Your Battles. This one she could win. She was very happy. Then we went to Calamity Janes and got Marlee's Barrel Racing jacket - have to get a picture of that! We then took Lily home and Larry called and asked me to bring Taco Bell home and we did. We watched one of the best movies ever - The Holiday! It did have one bad word - the F word once and a few scenes that were questionable, but it was a very good movie. It left us wanting a part 2!!!!!!! Loved it!! Then today we went to church and watched the Christmas Program the children put on. After church we went with friends to Golden Corral and then on to the Christian Cowboy Christmas Rodeo! We all had a blast!!!!! Love that rodeo! The focus is on Christ and that is so awesome! It is a full rodeo - team roping, calf roping, break away roping, barrel racing, bronc riding, bull riding and trick riding between! It was great! We hope to see Marlee and Drae there soon!!! Then we came home and are chilling now! The kids are in bed - tired! They have school in the morning and are ready for Christmas break! Well, I think that about covers it! I love my truck by the way!!!! I hope you all have had a great weekend like us! I hope your week is full of blessings! I know our week will be blessed because we serve a God who loves to bless His people! I want to remember someone that the Rodeo world has lost recently - Roger Harris! He was the originator of the Mid Atlantic Rodeo Association and started the Christian Cowboy Christmas Rodeo many years ago! He will be missed! He is in heaven watching over us and I love the way they played his voice for the prayer today! He gave us tickets to the rodeo for the foster and adopted kids and this year and from now on his wife Mrs. Harris and the family are going to continue the rodeo and continue to give for the kids! They are a blessing to the rodeo world as well as the Body of Christ! God Bless you Harris family!!!!! (by the way - my truck is a Ford Explorer Sport Trac!)

No comments: