Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Know it has been a long time

I have actually had a few people ask me about this blog. I really did not realize many people read it, but to my surprise there are some who do :)! Thank you! We had a busy 2007 like I am sure most of you did. So I thought I would give a score card update of the year for the Reeves Bunch. Here it goes:
Adoptions - Kristofer John - Ocotber
Aiden Casey by Alex July
Engagements - Alex and Angela in April
Kourtnee Renee' and Craig in December
Weddings - Alex and Angela October 13
Pregnancies - Kourtnee Renee' due Jan. 29, 2008 - it is a girl!!!
Awards, Acheivements, etc. - Marlee - Exceptional Kid Award - a brand new saddle
from Alamo Saddlery
Drae - won the supporting role in High School Musical 1 and 2 Remix
for his school theatre department
Alex Graduated High School
TJ and Kalee and Drae all have been on Honor Roll all year!
Marlee won a bike at the Christmas party
Marlee was given a new Horse - Mystic Rayne is her name
Marlee won Most Improved at the barrel Clinic and won a beautiful
Belt Buckle
Moved out of state - Alex and Angela Dec.
Accident settled - Mine!!!! It is finally over and I got a truck!!!

You know I think that pretty much covers the score card :)! There was so much that happened I thought that maybe doing it that way would make it easier, but guess what - it didn't! :)
We did have a busy but blessed year. Going into 2008 we now have 6 horses (4 horses and 2 ponies to be exact). We have returned to RCC permanently now. We miss Higher Call, but this was the right move for us! We love the people at both churches and will maintain relationships, but God has shown us where we are to be planted. The kids truly enjoy the Wednesday night classes at RCC and the youth group for Marlee and Drae is phenomonal! Larry did lose his job, but God is still blessing! The only bad thing is that he is getting used to being home and I am getting used to having him home! The honey do list keeps him busy! :) We have had some rough spots this year, but honestly not even enough to mention and I choose not to mention them. i do not see Larry losing his job as a bad thing, because I know that God is in control and He has a plan!
2007 brought a grandson - Aiden, into our lives and he is absolutely adorable! He is no longer living here, they moved to Virginia, but he is still our heart! Kristofer's adoption came through in October and his name is now legally Kristofer John Reeves - and he rides a pony named Superman! :) Get it - Kristofer Reeves on Superman!!! :) Love it! The kids are growing like weeds! Drae is taller than Marlee and as tall as me now. Kalee has passed TJ and Kristofer is getting very close to TJ! :) TJ will grow!!! We keep telling him that! We lost a pet - Kodee our Yellow Lab / Golden Ret. mix. But we were blessed because before he was killed he got Kenzee our Black Lab pregnant and we now have 10 little puppies!!! They are so cute and most of them already have homes waiting for them when they are old enough!!!
Storm, our little momma cat has given us about 7 kittens this past year. They all have homes! Larry tried raising turkeys and will try again next year - it is a trial and error thing and he made more errors lol!!! His chickens have stopped laying eggs (they only lay until they are about 2 years old) so he kept telling us that he was going to put them in the freezer and we would be eating them. Thank goodness he has not done that yet. I know, I know it would be much healthier to raise our own food, but it is really hard to do that for me. I have to see the little ladies as he calls them and then think of killing them. Just to hard!!! Maybe I will get over that! Our goat, Oreo, is doing well! He loves to play with the kids!! He has cleared a lot of our property. ALl of the horses are doing well! I have been riding lately quite a bit! I am so thankful that the wreck did not do anymore damage to my back then it did! I love riding my horse with the kids!!! Well I hope that I have given you something that you enjoyed reading! I will do better in 2008 with this blog especially now that I know that I have readers! Thanks to those who added their names to my reader's list, those who email me comments and even those who talk to me at church about the blog (wink, wink - you know who you are!) :) The Reeves Bunch came through 2007 Blessed and we plan to be great in 2008! Elevate in 2008! The number 8 is new beginnings! I will blog soon about some new things happening in our lives! Love to you all!

No comments: