Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Night - Thankful Thursday

Well today at dinner as always we held hands in a circle and went around and said what we were thankful for. Most of us said family and togetherness and for this great country we live in - the reason we celebrate this day. It was a nice day. Even the weather was nice. We were all in shorts and t-shirts! Wild for November in North Carolina. We had so much food as always! The kids did so much of the cooking this year it was great! It is nice to pass on the torch - so to speak! Even Drae got into the cooking action. I make a Corn Bread Casserole that he just loves and this year I gave him the recipe - told him we have to make more than it calls for so he has to multiply everything by 4. He did it and TJ helped a little and it turned out great!!! Kourtnee baked a turkey because Larry fries a turkey and some like it baked and some fried. So she made that and mashed potatoes - Real with the skin on! Then she made her famous Baked Squash casserole and Sweet Pot. Cass. They were awesome as always! Only this year she made all of these things at her own house and brought them over!!! Angela made banana pudding, something my mom has always made, but as of today Angela took over that tradition - everyone loved her desert! Alex baked cookies and they brought the rolls. Marlee made the Broccoli rice casserole all by herself and helped out with pretty much everything else. She and Kalee made the stuffing all alone! Even Kris was helping = he was out trash boy taking trash to the can for us as we opened packages and cans, etc. Definitely a family affair. After dinner we went outside and "played" we rode the horses and played ball and other stuff - fun, fun! I think a good time was had by all. Later after Kourtnee took Alex, Angela and Aiden home, she and Craig came back over, we ate some more food and then cleaned it all up and the kids and Grandpa, Uncle RObert and Craig watched The Incredibles, while Larry was on the computer. Vicky, Grandma, Kourtnee and I were all in my room talking and looking at stuff on the laptop - pictures and things for Sydnee. Then Kourtnee was pushing on her stomach by her ribs and I asked if Sydnee was movin ( I have not gotten to feel her move yet - she always stops) and Kourtnee said she was just up by her ribs and putting pressure on her ribs. So I put my hand on her stomach and pressed and could feel her little body! It was so awesome and then she moved!!!!! I was so excited and then Larry jumped up and came over to the bed and was feeling her belly. He could feel her, but she didn't move until he took his hand off and then we all SAW her move across Kourtnee's belly and we all laughed and "screamed" with excitement! It was very cool! It is going to be hard to wait for her these next 2 months! She is already so loved!!!! If you have Myspace and are on my friends list you will be able to see pictures soon of our day, if not email me or comment here that you wnat to see them and I will email them to you. I may put one up on here later - if I can choose one! :)
Happy Thanksgivng to you all!

No comments: